Professor Rose has research interests in women's career development, romantic relationships, sexuality, and friendship; lesbian and gay issues, bias crimes, and same-sex domestic violence.
- Close Relationships
- Culture and Ethnicity
- Gender Psychology
- Interpersonal Processes
- Prejudice and Stereotyping
- Sexuality, Sexual Orientation
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Rose, S. (Ed.). (2002). Lesbian love and relationships. New York: Haworth Press. [Also published as a special issue of Journal of Lesbian Studies, 6(1)]
- Rose, S. (Ed.). (1986). Career guide for women scholars. New York: Springer.
- Rose, S., & Frieze, I. H. (1993). Young singles' contemporary dating scripts. Sex Roles, 28, 1-11.
- Rose, S., & Frieze, I. H. (1989). Young singles' scripts for a first date. Gender and Society, 3, 258-268.
- Rose, S. M. (2003). Community interventions concerning homophobic violence and partner violence against lesbians. Journal of Lesbian Studies, 7, 125-139.
- Rose, S. M. (2000). Heterosexism and the study of women’s romantic and friend relationships. Journal of Social Issues, 56, 315-328.
- Rose, S. M., & Hall, R. (Eds.). (2005). Innovations in lesbian psychology. Special issue of Psychology of Women Quarterly, 29, 119-187.
- Rose, S. M., & Mechanic, M. (2002). Psychological distress, crime features, and help-seeking behaviors related to homophobic bias incidents. American Behavioral Scientist, 14-26.
- Usui, C., Rose, S., & Kageyama, R. (2003). Women, institutions, and leadership in Japan. Asian Perspectives, 27, 85-123.
- West, C., & Rose, S. (2000). Dating aggression among African America youth: An examination of gender differences and adversarial beliefs. Violence Against Women, 6(5), 470-494.
- Morcillo, A., & Rose, S. M. (2009). Gender and Women’s Studies across cultures: Internationalizing Womens Studies at Florida International University. In J. A. Hayden, S. K. Masters, R. L. S. Ovist, & K. Vaz (Eds.), Many Floridas: Women envisioning change. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Press.
- Rose, S. (1996). Lesbian and gay love scripts. In E. Rothblum and L. Bond (Eds.), Preventing heterosexism and homophobia (pp. 151-173). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. [Book received the 1997 Gustav Meyers Award for Human Rights.]
- Rose, S., & Danner, M. (1998). Money matters: The art of negotiation for women faculty. In L. Collins, J. Chrisler, & K. Quina (Eds.), Arming Athena: Career strategies for academic women (pp. 157-186). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Rose, S. M. (2009). Dating. In H. T. Reis & S. Sprecher (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Human Relationships. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Rose, S. M. (2007). Enjoying the returns: Women's friendships after 50. In V. Muhlbauer & J. Chrisler (Eds.), Women over 50: Psychological perspectives (pp. 112-130). New York: Springer.
- Female Sexuality
- Human Sexuality
- Introduction to Women's Studies
- Psychology of Women
Suzanna M. Rose
Department of Psychology
Florida International University
11200 SW 8th Street, DM 208
Miami, Florida 33199
- Phone: (305) 348-1975
- Email: email@example.com